Download Showbox apk on Firestick
Video streaming apps are definitely the best thing that has happened to the entertainment industry. With no more streaming barriers, viewers can access unlimited movies and TV shows. If you are a fan of online streaming and enjoy binge watching TV series then you most probably miss Terrarium TV which was definitely one of the best streaming application available.
If you are looking for an alternative to Terrarium TV then you are definitely at the right place because today in this article we are going to talk about Showbox. Showbox is also an application that you can freely use on your Firestick and enjoy access to a vast collection of movies and TV shows for free.
But there is a catch. Since Showbox is not designed for Firestick thus you can’t download it like your regular apps and you will need an extra application to access the features of Showbox on your Firestick. Not to worry if you don’t understand any of this right now because we are going to talk about it in detail so that you can get a clear understanding of it and enjoy free streaming on your living room TV.
What is Showbox?
Showbox is one of the most popular Android video streaming applications on the market at the moment which works similar to Popcorn Time. The application allows you to watch unlimited movies and TV shows on your Android devices including smartphones and tablets. The best thing about Showbox is that it is totally free which means that you won’t have to pay even a single penny to access your favorite TV shows and the latest movies anymore.
Instead of downloading Hulu, Netflix and HBO and paying for their subscription every month, you can now get your hands on all their TV shows and movies for free in Showbox at no cost what so ever. Not only this but you can also download video content to your device and view it offline as well.
In most cases you will be accessing content from torrent as the app draws content from both peer to peer and non-peer to peer sources. As said earlier, Showbox is an Android app and isn’t yet available for Firestick so you will have to download it through a downloader.
Download Showbox on Firestick
Downloading Showbox on Firestick isn’t as simple as it seems because since it is an Android mobile app thus isn’t remote friendly on Amazon Firestick. But, not to worry! We are going to guide you throughout the process so that you don’t have to go through any hassle. Simply follow the steps bellow and you will be able to install Showbox on your Firestick.
Step 1 – Enable downloads from Unknown Source
First things first! You will need to enable downloads from Unknown sources on your device before we actually move on to the downloading process of the Showbox. In order to do so;
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ in the top right menu bar.
- Select ‘Device from the list of options.
- Click the ‘Developer Options’ from the popup menu.
- Now scroll down and look for the option ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ and enable it.
- A popup window will appear on the screen for confirmation.
- Enable it and navigate back to the home screen.
Step 2 – Install the Downloader
Since Showbox isn’t available on Firestick yet, so in order to download it on your device you will first need install a downloader ‘Aptoide’ on your device which is an alternative to the Amazon Store on your Firestick device. Follow the steps to download it successfully on your device.
- Type in ‘Downloader’ in the search bar on the home screen.
- Select the first option that appears under the keyboard.
- Now select the ‘Downloader’ under the Apps & Games section.
- Hit download and wait for it to complete.
- Once completed, launch the Downloader.
- A popup window will ask for permission to grant access to the Downloader.
- Select Allow and complete the quick start guide.
Step 3 – Download the Showbox
- Launch the Aptoide Downloader on your Firestick.
- Go to the search bar on the right.
- Now type in ‘Showbox’ or go to the Top Applications and you might find it in the popular Android apps list.
- Click the Showbox icon from the list.
- Hit the install button.
- A warning message will pop up on your screen but ignore it as it doesn’t matter.
- Hit ‘OK’ to start the downloading process.
- Wait for the application to be downloaded.
- Once completed, a popup window will appear on your screen.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button to accept the changes.
- Now select the ‘Install’ button to install the app on your device.
- Once the installation process is complete, a notification will appear on your screen.
- Select done.
- That’s it! You are all done. Simply launch the app to get access to an unlimited collection of movies and TV shows to stream on your Firestick device.
If you follow all the steps, carefully and precisely, then you shouldn’t have any problem downloading the Showbox app on your Firestick device successfully.
Why you need the Mouse Toggle?
Showbox is not a Firestick app yet so you won’t be able to navigate on the app using your regular Amazon Firestick remote. Instead you will need to download something called a ‘Mouse Toggle’ which is an application that makes a pointer appear on your screen. Once you have the toggle, you can use your remote controls to move it around on the app and select items that you can’t access otherwise. So go ahead and install mouse toggle on your device as well if you wish to download Showbox as it is a necessity for navigation.
Terrarium TV used to be our all-time favorite but with it gone, we need to look for alternatives and we tend to find Showbox as one of the best ones available in the market. Although most users find it a bit hard to use as it is not remote friendly for Firestick but with the Mouse Toggle at your disposal, you are definitely going to have an easy way out. So now streaming the latest movies and binge watching TV shows is not a problem anymore as you can access a vast collection of video content for free now.