Lime Player is one among the excellent and most popular video player app which allows playing both the video and music files. This is an Android application that can easily work as a Movie & Media player which can be installed on numerous devices such as Windows PC, Mac, Android devices, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV 4K, Firestick, Showbox, and many others.
Most of your video files can be streamed or played at a faster speed. Lime Player App is one of the best video player apps which support the hardware acceleration. Since it is referred to as a lightweight video player; this app does not require a huge device space for utilization.
Lime Player Features
Find below the list of features offered by Lime Player App:
- Lime Player supports the entire subtitle formats such as VobSub, SubRip, ASS/SSA, TMPlayer, DVD, Teletext, MPL2, WebVTT, etc.
- It allows playing the numerous video file formats like FLAC, HD, M4V, WAV, RMVB, MOV, MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, and many more.
- User can experience the best and smooth playback while playing or streaming the ultra-high definition (UHD) video files such as 4K and Full HD files.
- Lime Player makes use of the HW+ decoder to utilize the advanced hardware acceleration.
- Lime Player is a powerful video player and simple-to-use app which has multitude of features.
Install Lime Player App on Firestick & Fire TV
You can follow the below steps to install the Lime Player App on your Firestick & Fire TV:
- Access your Firestick and connect the same to your preferred Wi-Fi (wireless) network.
- Browse and locate the Find Settings option. Then, access the same option.
- Press the My Fire TV settings.
- Within the provided list, select the Developer Options.
- A pop-up window will appear and activate or turn on the option named “Unknown Sources”.
- Now, you can browse for the Downloader App from the Official App Store and install the same.
- After successful installation, access your Downloader App.
- The Downloader App will allow you to download the Lime Player for your Firestick by providing the appropriate web URL.
- Since there is no official app available as of now. It is recommended to download the Lime Player using the Sideloading method.
- You need to enter the web URL of any one of the trustworthy website provided in the URL field.
- Press the Go icon to download the Lime Player APK file.
- The Download will automatically start and will receive a pop-up window once it is downloaded.
- Tap the install icon to start installing the app.
- After installation, you can also delete or remove the Lime Player APK file from your Firestick.
Now, the Lime Player app is successfully installed on your Firestick device. You can access the app from your main menu (similar to other apps) and enjoy using it.
Install Lime Player App on Windows PC
Similar to the above-mentioned steps, you can follow the same procedure to install the Lime Player App on Windows PC. We all know that Windows OS usually supported the .exe file extensions, similar to Android devices supports the .APK file extensions. However, the .exe file format for Lime Player App is not available over the online platform. Hence, you can utilize the APK file to work on your Windows PC.
You can find numerous software’s that are available through the internet to execute any sort of APK files. This is not just intending to install only the Lime Player App on your Windows PC; instead, you can execute any android application or games of your preference. The software is referred to as Android Emulator and the name of the program is Bluestacks.
This program will allow the Android Operating System to execute on your Windows OS. This Android emulator requires its own things to perform and consumes the computing power, memory, and space of your Windows PC. You can download this emulator if your PC has a good configuration with 100 GB HDD (free space) along with 4 GB RAM to perform well.
Follow the below instructions to download the Lime Player APK and install the same on your Windows PC with the help of Bluestacks Android Emulator:
- First of all, download the Bluestacks Android emulator from its official website and install the same on your Windows PC.
- Access the Bluestacks emulator and log in using your Google (Gmail) account.
- After logging into your Gmail account, the Bluestacks Emulator will appear similar to your Android interface.
- Access the Google Play Store and browse for the Lime Player APK file.
- You can find the App from its official Android store and much easier to install.
- After installing the app, you can access the App menu to view the list of installed apps & games.
- Press the launch button near to your preferred app (Lime Player App) to access it successfully.
Lime Player on Showbox
Lime Player is the best media streaming application which allows you to manage the local media files. It is also used to stream or watch online video contents such as movies, web series, TV shows, etc. Showbox is one of the most popular application that allows the user to enjoy watching the videos and movies at free of cost.
Showbox has recently released an update that the users are allowed to watch the video contents only with the help of Lime Player App. However, you can find two other alternatives that are available through the online platform. They are XPlayer & MX Player, but as of now, it is only possible to watch the Showbox video contents (movies & TV shows) through the Lime Player.